Sunday, February 14, 2010

Trip to Soda Springs

On February 13th 2010 we went to Soda Springs. Soda Springs is a ski resort 6000 feet above sea level. It is near Sacramento - capital of our state California. I went to Soda Springs with my family in our Honda Odyssey van. It took 2.5hours from our home to reach Soda Springs.
On my way to Soda Springs I saw buildings, walls and other areas with snow on them. It looked like we were in a land full of whip cream! Before we got out of the van we ate our food. We took our sled and started walking from the car parking lot to the ski resort. There was a bridge on the way and the water underneath was frozen, near the bridge I did some tricks with my sled. Near the ski entrance a person said, "No sled allowed" "You can go tubing" so my dad went back to keep the sled in our van. My dad back and we all went to the ticketing area. While my dad was standing in the line to buy tickets for us, I saw other kids playing in the snow that was under the ticketing area so me and my little brother Vishnu joined them to play with snow. My dad came back with the tickets and so we went and waited for the snow mobile to come and pick us up. While waiting in the line for snow mobile we took our pails, shovels and forks to dig snow and make stuff. I made a leaning tower of Pisa! My brother knocked down my Leaning Tower of Pisa and so I knocked his snowman down which made him cry!
The snow mobile arrived and we all got into it. It was fun riding the snow mobile. The snow mobile took us to the other side of the Soda Springs, which is called the Kids Planet. First we went on a tube ride. In the middle of the ride my brother tried to give me a 5 and he fell down so the ride stopped. So we hopped on to the tube again to take another ride. Next, we went for tubing several times. We had to wait in the line and get a tube. Then we took the tube in an escalator and went to the steep part, then my mom or dad would swirl and let us down which slide down fast to the other side. The first time someone was standing on the way and the tube which was carrying me, knocked her down. We did tubing several times. After that I rode a snow mobile all by myself. In the first round I fell down. The second time I could finish 10 rounds without any problem. We climbed on a heap of snow which looked like a snow mountain and slide down on the other side. The first time I slide down on my back but the next time I slide down on my tummy and got hurt.
We went to the cafe and had hot chocolate and potato chips. Before we left I made a snowman.
We left Soda Springs in the evening. On our way back home I felt hungry and so we went to an Indian Restaurant and had food. On the way back I was tired and I hoped not to sleep but I fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent narration Keshav. The way you recounted your trip experience, I had feeling as though I was watching all this happening right in front of me. You are going to be an excellent writer and communicator.

    Videos were all nice.

    Love,
    thaiyyan mama.

    ReplyDelete