Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Greedy Auto Driver

In a cosmopolitan city called Coimbatore in India there lived a very, very greedy Auto Driver named Ravi. Ravi was so greedy that all he would care for is "Money". Ravi would get the money in advance for the ride he gives to the people and drop them off at a place which is far away from their destination and go away with their money. Sometimes, he would collect the money and drop the customer in a nearby place itself which is not their destination. None of the customer who took a ride in his Auto were happy about it.
One summer evening, a clever man named Raja came by to take a ride in Ravi's Auto and asked, "can you give me a ride to Saibaba colony 10th cross?" "Sure", said Ravi and he demanded for 100 Rupees but Raja said he can only give 50 Rupees because the place he wants to go is quite close by. Ravi agreed but with one condition that he wanted the money right away. Raja gave Ravi 50 Rupees.
Ravi as usual stopped his Auto at Saibaba colony 1st cross and said, "get down your ride is over" but then, Raja said, "well, this is the place where I need to get down and I know you cheat every one like this. Actually, I tricked you by saying that I need to get down at 10th cross. Thanks for your ride" and walked away. For the first time Ravi learnt his lesson.

5 comments:

  1. awesome!!!there is one type error in the second line where "Ramu" was entered instead of "Ravi" though it isn't deglamourizing the content and clinical expression...We know whom the "Raja" is though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story Shreyas. Is this a real incident?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saranyan Mama. No, it is not a real incident when I initially narrated the story to my mom but it took place the very next evening when myself and my mom went out to a place in Town Hall at Coimbatore. However, the auto driver did not get the money in advance from my mom and when he stopped the auto in a place which was not our destination but was close to it. My mom did not give the full charge which she agreed earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sda for your comments. May I know who you are? I have corrected the typing error. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi kesav,
    your auto driver storey is quite intresting and well narrated.your so called clever man
    raja might be raja thatha,thanks for your mention. Raja thatha

    ReplyDelete